- Physically clean your computer! Dirt and dust easily gathers inside over time, which can cause issues such as overheating, which will slow down your PC. Don’t forget to clean off those plastic fan blades because as dust adheres to the blades, the fan cannot operate at 100% efficiency.
- Check for Windows Updates to make sure your computer is completely up to date.
- Backup your files or make sure your cloud service is copying everything from your cloud folder.
- Verify that your cloud service and backup files are current.
- Make sure your antivirus is current. We recommend using the built-in Windows Defender that is part of the Microsoft Windows operating system. With Windows Defender turned on, most people don’t need another anti-virus program.
- Use a popular utility called CCleaner to clean up your Windows registry. It gets rid of old outdated files that tie up computer resources unnecessarily.
- Change all of your passwords. Whether you are using an automated system like Last Pass or do it on your own, you may be glad you do this regularly some day!
- Upgrade your hard drives to solid state drives. This is the number one thing you can do today to speed up the performance of your computer with at least 5 times the bootup speed increase. Refresh computers stocks every type of solid state drives in a variety of sizes and we can also transfer your data from the old hard drive to the new solid state drive.
- Maybe start saving money to buy that updated computer now. Of course, a great place to shop for the best deals are right here at your favorite computer store.
- Let Refresh Computers diagnose any issues you may be having – for free! Just bring in your computer for a free analysis. We will let you know how much it will cost to repair or upgrade your machine – and then it’s up to you to decide if you want to move forward with our services.
Top 10 New Years Tech Tips!
0 responses to “Top 10 New Years Tech Tips!”